A few months ago, I emailed a group of creative lady geniuses who were sweet enough to indulge me when I started to pick their brains. Basically, I found myself struggling with renewed thoughts of DIYing and my number one priority in life, Colt. I reached out to these women with the hope that they would let me in on some unknown secret to getting it all done because they have this mama and DIY (and blogging, shesh) balancing act down pat!
What I’ve learned so far (as in the past 4 months of Colt’s life):
- if it doesn’t get done, no worries
- find a bouncer, seat (I love the Fisher-Price Sit Me Up seat), pack and play, etc… that you can stash in the workshop to keep kids within reach – go to consignment shops to save money
- figure out a schedule and work during that time – seems like a “no shit” type of suggestion but it has taken me a while to figure out a schedule (check out a day in the life of Charlotte from Ciburbanity)
- make your kids a part of your DIY life – Colt is too little right now but you bet that kid is going to be sanding and painting soon enough (Amy from Her Toolbelt has this element down to a science and Alice from Thoughts from Alice has the cutest crafting with your kids series)
- make time for your passions like Jillian from I Am A Homemaker suggests
And to celebrate all of the DIYing mamas out there – don’t forget to enter our DIY Mama Giveaway for a chance to win a gift card to Target and a gift card to Lowe’s!
Day 1 Mamas:
Day 2 Mamas: