It’s interesting that I am writing a post on ice cream because we seem to have a “love-hate” relationship. For instance, I love ice cream but I hate the weight that is gained when it is consumed as a “three square” meal diet plan. I love ice cream but really can’t bite into a cold scoop because my teeth are way too sensitive and I begin to curse. I love ice cream but hate to make a selection at the grocery store because there just never seems to be the perfect flavor, so I end up slightly disappointed because my selection was not exactly what I was craving. That all changed when Sarah posted on Facebook a picture of her new ice cream maker. I will admit that I was jealous and immediately wanted to
break into her house and steal it buy one. It was evident that I had ice maker on the brain when I had a dream about making blackberry ice cream using a lime green ice cream maker.
So I bought a Cuisinart hot pink ice cream maker and took the next crucial step after my purchase – setting up a Pinterest board for ice cream recipes. It’s about priorities, people.
I know that the usual mint chocolate chip and peanut butter flavors will be a no freeze brainer but I was on the hunt for the more decadent flavors that would make using an ice cream maker well worth the effort. So, here are the top 5 ice cream recipes that I plan to make as soon as I find room in the freezer for all of the ice cream containers.
- Crunchy Nutella – this recipe is courtesy of dash and bella. This recipe is by far my priority and I’m already dreaming of ways to add other enticing culinary elements.
- Funfetti – Nutella is my number one food love but Funfetti is the jealous child that I have to indulge every so often. Anything with sprinkles is ok in my recipe book. This recipe is courtesy of baked by rachel and can be found here.
- Blueberry Cheesecake – this sounds amazing and I will be sure to photograph the empty bowl to showcase it’s deliciousness. Recipe is from Creations by Kara.
- S’mores – even though National S’mores Day was celebrated last week, I am a firm believer in celebrating s’mores on a weekly basis. Heck, daily if you were so inclined. The recipe is from Just Between Friends.
- Raspberry Lemonade – I just need to find a source of local fresh raspberries and a roadside lemonade stand for this recipe from A Little Loveliness
I’ve already warned Kurt that we will need to get the deep freeze because I will have a chunk of the space occupied by various Pinterest inspired ice cream flavors. Oh, and frozen yogurt – I will modify a few for frozen yogurt or fro-yo as the young ones say.
Any other unique flavors that you foresee in my ice cream maker?